Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

This kindle that I'm on right now only comes on when its

Customer Question

This kindle that I'm on right now only comes on when its plugged in, like it is right now, I'm doing my sister a favor this is her kindle, she got hers on Christmas
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Fifth generation model Amazon Kindle, almostba year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm guessing since middle May or late June, and I'm not sure
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The kindles at one hundred present right now and if I plug it out it turns off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This isn't me please send money back
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't need help