Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Trouble registering new voyage reader, kindle voyage reader.

Customer Question

trouble registering new voyage reader
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle voyage reader. just got it. brand new tonight
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: password ***** won't let me type from keyboard on reader so it can be registered. I have an old one that I have no problem with & wish to use both
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Are you using the on screen keyboard?

Your Kindle Voyage has an onscreen keyboard. When you tap within the Search field or begin other actions that require you to type in information, the keyboard automatically displays at the bottom of the screen. Tap the keys to enter your selection and use the appropriate buttons to continue on to the next action. As you type, word suggestions based upon your entries display above the keyboard. Tap the word you want to select. Tips: • Tap the Number and Symbol key to enter numbers and symbols. • Tap the Letter key to return to the regular keyboard. • Tap the Shift key to enter uppercase characters. Tap the Shift key twice to enter all caps mode and tap it once to exit the mode. • To select a keyboard for a different language, tap the Quick Actions icon, and then tap All Settings. On the Settings page, tap Language & Dictionaries, and then Keyboards. • To enter diacritics and special characters using the keyboard, press and hold the base letter’s key. For example, press and hold the n to display ǹ, ñ or ň. • A Globe key is added to your keyboard when you have selected multiple languages. To select a different keyboard, tap the Globe key.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is an amazon kindle voyager got it tonight as a present have another so have accounts with all the other registrations. I know how to do it. It just won't type the password. Did type all the other info

okay, what happens after you type in the amazon account email and select register?

Did you follow these steps to register your Kindle:

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap My account.
  3. Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle:
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter your Amazon account information. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.

did that work for you?

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!