Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My kindle will no longer down load book. very old, Just the

Customer Question

My kindle will no longer down load book.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: very old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just the last several month. I have purchases book but they don't down load and the response I get is to update my credit card but it is up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This may be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. let me know if it downloads after the reboot please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I wii try that and let you know

okay, if it fails we will try another option.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have re booted my kindle. Purchase a new book. But it is still not down loading. When I tried this over the last several months the same things happens. It say it's down loading and going to my home page , but it never s appears I will get a email back from amazon tommow that say it did not go thru and to check my credit card info. Which I have done.

okay, try this please.

On your computer, go to Amazon.com

Log into your Amazon account.

Go to the "Manage Your Kindle" page.

Click the "Edit" link next to your credit card listed under the "Your Default 1-Click Payment Method" section.

Select a different credit card (if you have multiple cards on file with Amazon). You can also enter new credit card information under the "Pay with a new card" section.

Click the "Continue" button. The Billing Address page opens.

Select a billing address from the addresses you have on file with Amazon. You can enter a new address under the "Or enter a new billing address" section. Click the "Continue" button after you enter a new address. The Manage Your Kindle page reopens.

Then reboot the kindle again and try the download please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done all the above as suggested. New credit card. Rebooted etc. still now receiving.book on home page. Amazon email say when billing goes thru I can re down loaf.

Okay,Visit the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page ( http://amazon.com/mycd ) and locate the book in “Your Content” tab. Use the Actions […] button, choose “Deliver,” and select where to send the book from the drop-down list.

If you’re not finding the book in Your Kindle Library, review “Digital Orders” to verify that the order completed. Start here: http://amazon.com/yourorders

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!