Cory
Cory, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
8685120

I just bought a new kindle and discovered it was a touch

Customer Question

I just bought a new kindle and discovered it was a touch screen. I have tremors in my hands so it is not viable. I checked to see about a new battery for my old kindle, which Iove, and was told the port was broken so my question is can the port be fixed and if not do you have an old type kindle lying around I could buy?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: All I could find was it is a six inch screen and you click to turn the pages. iT
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was a gift from a now gone grandson in 2009, have been buying from Book Bub so they would know where they are sending books..
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for asking your question today.

Do you know what model Kindle it is?

Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

I am following up with you to find out if you still need assistance with this?

Thank you,

Cory

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have my own phone so have to use mt son's and that is difficlt. I'm 87 and do you think I should just go back and reread some of my old books?
Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

By the time you change the charging port, it will cost as much as getting a replacement. It sounds like you may have a Kindle Keyboard. You can buy one on eBay for about $25 including shipping.

You can find it here. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/172387591005 or search Kindle Keyboard on Ebay.

When you register another Kindle, you will not lose the books you have already purchased as they are stored with Amazon.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to rate my answer above with the stars.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to find out if you need further help with this.

Thank you,

Cory