Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am trying to help my neighbor sign in to her new kindle 7.

Customer Question

I am trying to help my neighbor sign in to her new kindle 7. It says we're not connected, but the wi fi says we are. We can not register or get online. Can you help, please?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model no is SV98LN. It was made in 2015.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started as soon as we tried to register, which was about an hour ago. She has been having trouble with Comcast sip, but she uses aol for Amazon account. I've tried settings and got new password ***** for Comcast WiFi, but it still won't connect.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

- Then go to the menu / Wi-Fi / Wireless option on the kindle, then select / connect to the correct wi-fi/wireless network name, then what happens? What does it show?

- What's the name of the wi-fi/wireless network you are trying to connect the kindle to?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have done power off. Connected to wi fine wireless name, which is xfinity WiFi. It says it connects, but when we try to get online, it says we're not connected.

Thank you. xfinity is the wrong Wi-Fi network name. What's the brand / model of your neighbor's internet modem / router device?

- Is there any Wi-Fi / network name (SSID) at the back / bottom of the internet modem / router device? If yes, can you connect the kindle to that correct name?