Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a new Kindle Paperwhite reader and cannot get it

Customer Question

I have a new Kindle Paperwhite reader and cannot get it registered. I've been trying for two weeks, using every password ***** can think of. I wish to return the device.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's the Kindle Paperwhite and I'm not sure of the model number. Maybe CE700? I've had it for approximately 2-3 weeks.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't been able to get it registered since I got it. I've tried everything you can think of as well as having asked other family members.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I will do my best to help you resolve it. I'll need to ask a few questions first. Have you created an account with Amazon.com? You will need to do that first. If you do have an Amazon account, please make sure that you are able to login. Please click the link below:

www.amazon.com/myk

After you have successfully logged in please click on the "Your Devices" tab and tell me what you see there.