Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Cant change the font, I don't know the model - it is a year

Customer Question

Cant change the font
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the model - it is a year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time I have tried to change the font and was unable to do so/
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I would be happy to help, but I'll need a little more information. What kind of device are you trying to change the font on? Is it a Kindle, A Nook, or something else?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kindle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want a phone conversion - I agreed to a $5.00 charge for help with my Kindle and do not appreciate all of the promotions to spend more money - if you cannot answer my question, please refund my money. Otherwise just answer my question.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Is it a touchscreen model? If so, please tap near the top of the screen (while on a book page). You should see a toolbar appear. On the second line of that toolbar (usually) you will see Aa. Touch that and it shoudl bring up displaysettings where you can choose a different font or simply tap on a larger font by choosing one of the larger Aa's. Please try that and let em know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I apologize, but those are automated offers from the website. They are not coming from me. Hopefully my instructions will work for you. if they don't please reply with more information about your particular Kindle, preferably the exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle itself, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am of the book page and cannot find the font change icon. I have done this many times, but for some reason now it isn't working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I finally got the font to show up - I have no idea why this is happening, am I doing something wrong?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Often, when your Kindle is behaving strangely, it is the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed. Sometimes we can fix it with a "simple reset". If that doesn't work, we'll need to reset it to Factory Defaults. If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are not answering me - has my time allotted run out? I do not think you are controlling this website, however, you need to know this conversation via "chat" was definitely less than efficient. I would not use this site again.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please understand that I am a real person, and I am carefully considering the problem, and typing out my response. I am not a robot and I am trying to give your answer the time that it deserves. It is frustrating to do my best to provide good service, only to be insulted. I am not compensated in any way for my time without a positive rating from you. Since it is clear that you are not going to give a positive rating I am not inclined to expend further effort. Have a nice day!