Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have Kindle for PC. I cannot upen all of my downloaded

Customer Question

i have Kindle for PC. I cannot upen all of my downloaded ebooks. The ebooks with a blue book beside the title are ok. But otherhave adobe or the interenet , these will not open
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 6 months ago.

Kindle for PC requires the eBook to be PDF or mobi. format. You can cinvert any ebooks that are not the correct format. Download and install free third-party software, such as Calibre and eBook Converter (links in Resources), which convert most digital documents into MOBI or PDF formats. Open the third-party e-book in Calibre and eBook Converter by selecting the "File" menu and clicking "Open." Choose the e-book, click "Open," click "Convert" and choose a format, such as PDF or MOBI. You are prompted to save the files formatted for your Kindle on your computer's local drive. Visit the Zamzar Web app to convert e-books without installing software (link in Resources). Click "Choose Files," select "MOBI" or "PDF" from the "Convert Files To" drop-down menu, enter you email address in the provided field, and click "Convert." Zamzar sends your converted e-book as an attachment, which can be saved to your hard drive.

RESOURCES

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

.

http://www.zamzar.com/

.

Let me know how it goes please.

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its all ok . youhad some questions for me to clarify my question. But all worked out OK
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a Toshiba laptop its about4 years o0ld. But no problem now. I found the files
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshootinghave you tried?
Customer: no trouble searching . just searched the files. Found them in a odd place. But its just a matter of reorganising my files
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.

That's great!

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!