Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I can not add mye-mail back om my reg Nook 7, somehow it was

Customer Question

I can not add mye-mail back om my reg Nook 7, somehow it was removed now it keeps saying the password ***** ***** I just changed it so I know it is correct, also my Nook will often just go back either to the home page or library either in the middle of a game or reading something on line, the other problem I have been having is the battery will say very low around 15% real quickly after charging but when plugged in it says something like 38% so I don't know know what is going on with all that stuff??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

First >Press and hold the power button for 20-seconds and then release. Then press it again to power up your nook.

Then

To set up an e-mail account manually, follow these steps:

1. Press the ∩ button to display the quick nav bar.

2. Tap Apps.

3. In the Apps window, tap Email.

You’re taken to the Inbox. If you haven’t visited the Email app yet, you’re taken to a screen so you can set it up.

4. Type the address for your e-mail account.

5. Enter the password ***** the account.

6. (Optional) Tap the check box for Send E-mail from This Account by Default.

7. Tap Setup.

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did not work, I am still getting the same message "Couldn't finish User name or password *****" I know both are right, I just changed my password ***** my PC I had this e-mail for many years
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no talk, I spent enough already and no answer yet

okay, no problem those are only optional additional services.

Try removing the account and then readd> From the Home Screen tap the Quick Nav Arrow, to access the Quick Nav Bar, and then tap the Apps icon.

4. When the Apps page loads, tap the Email icon to open the Email app.

5. Tap the Email Accounts Menu and a drop down list will appear (This box is located next to "Compose a New E-mail box" at the top of the app). Your current e-mailaccount name should be displayed on the box.

6. Select Accounts from the drop down list. You should now see a list of e-mailaccounts you have setup to access on your NOOK.

7. Tap the account you would like to remove and a check mark will appear in the box next to the account name.

8. Tap the Trash Can icon on the top right of the page to delete the account. When the dialog box appears, tap OK to confirm your selection.

Thern Set up as new>

You’ll find the Email application in the Apps window. To launch the Email application:

1. Tap the NOOK button to open the Quick Nav Bar. In the Quick Nav Bar, tap Apps.

2. In the Apps window, tap the Email application. The Email application launches.

If you have not set up an email account, the Email application displays a screen for setting up an email account.

If you have already set up an email account, the Email application displays your Inbox.

Managing Email Accounts

Types of Accounts

Your NOOK supports two types of email accounts:

• POP (an Internet standard for email)

• IMAP (another Internet standard for email)

Most Internet service providers (ISPs) and free email services (such as Google and Yahoo!) support both POP and IMAP. POP email programs usually send or receive messages in batches at timed intervals. IMAP establishes a continu­ous connection between your email program and the email server. Many people find that IMAP provides more stable service than POP, but both email protocols are popular and both work.

Setting Up an Account

You can set up multiple email accounts on your NOOK. For example, if you have a Gmail account and a Yahoo! ac­count, you can send and receive email for bothaccounts on your NOOK. One of your accounts will be your default email account, so that when you send messages from your NOOK, you’ll use that account automatically.

Your NOOK offers you two ways of setting up an email account. You can enter simply your email address and a pass­word and let your NOOK automatically configure youraccount with those credentials, or you can manually configure the account yourself.

Letting Your NOOK Set up Your Account

To let your NOOK automatically configure your email account:

1. On the email account set-up screen, enter the email address of the account you want to configure. This should be an account you already have set up with your ISP or with an email service provider such as Google.

2. Enter the password ***** the account. If you would like to see the password ***** you type it, check the Show Pass­word box below the password *****

3. To make this account the default account you will use for sending mail from your NOOK, check the box labeled Send email from this account by default.

Tap Next. Your NOOK connects to the email account and set up a connection. If your NOOK connected successfully, it displays a new screen with a congratulatory message at the top. The screen features these two fields:

Account name

• Your name

If it is unable to do so, it displays an error message.

4. If you would like to give this account a name (such as Gmail) so you can distinguish it from other email accounts on your NOOK, enter the name in the field labeled Give this account a name. If you do not want to give this ac­count a name, leave this field blank.

5. In the field labeled Your name, enter your name as you would like it to appear inemail messages you send. This name is ***** ***** that shows up in the From field in emaillistings.

6. Click Done. You’ve finished setting up your email account.

Manually Setting up Your Account

To set up your account manually, you will need to know the name of your account’semail server. Most ISPs and email service providers provide this information in their help pages. If you setting up an email account for a business or other private organization, you might need to ask a system administrator for the server name and other relevant configuration information.

4. Tap Manual Setup. Your NOOK displays a Server settings screen.

5. In the Domain Username field, enter your username for this server. Some servers require that your name begin with a backward slash \. Your system administrator will know whether or not your email account requires this.

6. In the Server name field, enter the name of the server.

7. To always use SSL when connecting to the email server, check the Use secure connection (SSL) field. SSL, which stands for Secure Socket Layer, is a widely-used technology for encrypting Internet so it can­not be intercepted or tampered with.

8. To accept all SSL certificates from email servers, check the box labeled Accept all SSL certificates.

9. Tap Next. Your NOOK connects to the email account and set up a connection. If your NOOK connected successfully, it displays a new screen with a congratulatory message at the top. The screen features these two fields:

Account name

• Your name

10. If you would like to give this account a name (such as Gmail) so you can distinguish it from other email accounts on your NOOK, enter the name in the field labeled Give thisaccount a name. If you do not want to give this ac­count a name, simply leave these field blank.

11. In the field labeled Your name, enter your name as you would like it to appear inemail messages you send. This name is ***** ***** that shows up in the From field in emaillistings.

12. Click Done. You’ve finished setting up your new email account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is getting late, but I am not finding where to go, I just added a "fake account" and it worked??? but when I try to enter my real e-mail with all my messages it won't take. before the fake one it was blank, I just see Mailbox and inbox then Gmail, (the one I am trying to enter is yahoo?) I don't know what step I missed, I have no idea why it is not taking my password, I may try more tomorrow morning, my husband is bugging me to turn off the light soon so he can get to sleep

okay, let me know when you try again and I will help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went to the home page press e-mail and I got to my new e-mail I just set up for convenience and all it has is "Mailbox" and under that the e-mail address and to the way left just Inbox and {Gmail}v
I tried to find the other info so I could continue the rest of the instructions but I just could not follow (maybe it is too late for me, I have been up since 5:30am)

okay, let me know when you try again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** my husband is getting gumpy

your welcome!