info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

I can't get my kindle fire to charge anymore. its like a bad

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I can't get my kindle fire to charge anymore. its like a bad connection where the cord plugs into the kindle. i use to be able to finagle it around and eventually the light would go amber and it would charge. i even tried another cord i had and no luck with it either. when i did get the light to go on, it would charge but i was holding it upside down and sideways. you never knew which position it would eventually work in. it would take around 10 to 15 minutes of struggling with it and it would charge amber. now, it won't work at all.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: im trying to find that info on my kindle now. where would i find it?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: been going on for months. i haven't tried any troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i find the info on my kindle as far as make, model, year?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page 3 to 5 stars )

Regards

Anthony

Any issues let me know I will need the age of the kindle and what kindle it is please for example kindle fire

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I reset it.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Any change please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my problem is getting the charging cord to get a good connection into the kindle so that it will charge. that's my problem. I know how to reset it. what do i do about getting a good connection so that the kindle will charge?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

I will need the age of the kindle and what kindle it is please for example kindle fire

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
kindle fire and I don't know the age. several years now. serial number is ***** (not sure if those are zeroes or the letter "O" in the number.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
believe my kids bought this for me when the "fire" just came out. whatever year that is.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

That is a physical issue inside the kindle probably a broken socket now there are some outfits that repair kindles however it may be a better option to contact amazon first here <<click

Use the contact tab on the side of the page and follow through the drop down menus

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

See how you go there before we move on amazon may offer you a discounted kindle as a better option to a repair

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Hopefully my input is good for a positive rating of 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** of stars is at the top of the page thanks again

If you need more help let me know question open for 30 days

Anthony