Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

MY GOOD OLD NOOK WON'T TURN ON---HELP, nO PROBLEMS IN THE

MY GOOD OLD NOOK WON'T TURN ON---HELP
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: nO PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.HOW DO ITELL WHAT NOOK I HAQVE THERE IS NOTHING ON THE CASE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: JUST STARTED LAST NIGHT, AFTER I CHARGED IT.I HAVEN'T DONE ANY TROUBLE SHOOTING. THE NOOK DID BECOME "HOT" THE DAY BEFORE, TURNED IT OFF TO LET IT COOL
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IS IT POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE BOOKS ON THE READER

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,