Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle is not charging. I bought it last year. I don't

Customer Question

My kindle is not charging. I bought it last year.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't have a make/model number that I can see on the kindle. Went back and looked at my order and it is called Kindle E-Reader 6 inch glare resistant (Previous generation-7th). Does that help?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its been going on a few weeks but now it doesn't charge at all. I've tried re-starting it, and using different outlets. The yellow light comes on when I plug it so it gives the impression that it is charging.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

(note: you may need to do this 4-5 times before it takes effect)

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.