Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My kindle was a present in 2010. It successfully upgraded in

Customer Question

Good morning. My kindle was a present in 2010. It successfully upgraded in March 2016. However, since this upgrade, it does not go to sleep mode between readings with picture showing. Battery is always at high use, and empty.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 5 years old. serial number B006 A0A0 0442 2/c07
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started this last week. Don't know any troubleshooting yet TO try. Please help.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Part 2: Have a question for another person who is "stuck " on the same page on his Kindle, bought in 2010 as well. He did not get Upgrade notice on his Kindle however. Am I on hold right now, or is my computer slow in connecting?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and have it sleep

Let me know the results please

Thank you