Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My husband with dementia has a kindlefire, I am trying to

Customer Question

My husband with dementia has a kindlefire, I am trying to help him. He only wants to play cribbage and solitaire and the kindle will not let me register, do not know correct password. Please Help! His name David Ruby, e-mail***@******.***
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: How can you tell?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a week, he is lost without it. I have tried the password ***** have written down.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is about 2 yrs. old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

To help your husband reset his password, please see:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201121280

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have a new credit card, old one cancelled because of husband's dementia.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Ok, then his payment information will need to be updated for his Amazon account:

To do this:

method:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Digital Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't believe you won't answer one question without trying to hook someone into the $38 a month. Is that honest?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am a user of this site just like you, I have nothing to do with the billing.

I understand you can choose a one-off payment rather than a monthly payment option if you prefer.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Pete.
--------------------