Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have purchased books from Amazon. They are listed under

Customer Question

I have purchased books from Amazon. They are listed under Books on my device, but I can't access them. The do not have a check on the cover. What do I have to do so that I can read them? Rich Weiner
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Kindle Fire--less than two years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used the device much recently except to read parts of books already downloaded and accessible. If I knew what to do next, I probably would have done it. I'm hoping you can help me now. Thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If there are questions I should be asking, I don't know what they are. All I know is I have 4-5 books I would like to be able to read. When I tap on them, I get an exclamation point on the cover. Is that because my device is not connected to Wi-Fi in my current location? If so, how do I make that connection. Also, why can I read other books. Are they already in memory, while the ones I can't access are still in the cloud (or somewhere else)?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. In order to read new books, you have to connect the Kindle to Wi-Fi / wireless connection first. The new books you've purchased are still on Cloud (on the Amazon server.) If there is no Wi-Fi (Internet) connection, then there is not a way for Amazon to push / download new books to your Kindle's local memory. Once the books are downloaded (saved) to your kindle's memory, then you don't need Wi-Fi (until you purchase new books again.)

- Your old books were already downloaded (saved) to your kindle's memory, that's why you are able to read them.

- Did you just purchase these new books?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I bought the books from Amazon, I did download them through a Wi-Fi connection. However, somehow they didn't end up in the memory of the device. How do I download them again, assuming that I have a Wi-Fi connection?

Were you able to open any of those new books you bought when you downloaded previously?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I resent your endless money-making scheme. I decline to spend any more money contacting you. Just tell me how to rescind my subscription to your service.

I'm sorry. Please ignore that. Monthly support subscription is optional; this is a one-time support session per your request.

Were you able to open any of those new books you bought when you did download them previously?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I could open the books after I bought them, but not now.

Sorry, that's strange. Here is the solution:

- When you have connected the kindle to wi-fi / wireless (in menu / settings -> Wi-Fi / wireless option), then books should automatically be downloaded.

- However, if they do not get downloaded, then sign in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

, then there, click on the Action button / option of each (new) books you want, then click on the Deliver option, then select your kindle device, then select the Deliver option.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I will try it later today and hopefully succeed. Please forgive my rude reply earlier.

You're welcome. That's okay. I've emailed you (from JustAnswer / Viet), so if there is any issue later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Also, if needed, press and hold the Power on / off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Please get back to me any time to continue when you have Wi-Fi / wireless connection. Thank you.

When can you have access to Wi-Fi / wireless, so we can continue troubleshooting the issue?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,