Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

Ever since your new format, the books that I have read do

Customer Question

ever since your new format, the books that I have read do not come onto the screen as having any indication that I have already read them. Therefore I have to o through all of them to see which are new and which I have already read. Previosly there was indicated in the top right hand corner a little 100 percent. Please correct this or tell me if I am doing something wrong ***@******.***
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a kindle white and about 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been since they changed the format 3 to 6 months ago. I have not tried anything because I really am not a computer or technical type
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the screen seems to be darker, is there a way to lighten he background?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

If you have a leather case on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.