Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

My Kindle seems to be what I would call frozen. Nothing is

Customer Question

My Kindle seems to be what I would call frozen. Nothing is on the screen but the word Sudoko (which is the game I was playing) and the battery to tell that it is partially charged. I plugged it in and charged it and the light turned green. I still only have Suduko and the battery symbol. Is there any way to reboot it when nothing show up on the screen and won't turn on?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?