Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

How to change the email address you assigned to my own, It

Customer Question

how to change the email address you assigned to my own
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is the brand new Oasis
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just got the Kindle yesterday and have tried going to devicessupport, but get no information to help me
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the @kindle.com email address? Or is it something else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you assigned me an email address that is***@******.***. I want email to go to***@******.***

Thank you. That is just a temporary email address if you want to send / email any item to your device. Do you need to send any item to your new kindle?

- Also, when you turned on the new Kindle previously, did it ask you to go through the setup? Did it ask you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless and did it ask you to register? If it asked you to register, what email address did you enter?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I don't want to pay any more money for your services; please just walk me through the answer

No problem; I can help you at this web page. Please let me know the following:

- When you first turned on the new Kindle previously, did it ask you to go through the setup? Did it ask you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless and did it ask you to register? If it asked you to register, what email address did you enter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to be able to access my emails through the Kindle. And yes, it asked me all those questions and I have wi-fi connected and am registered. If it needed an email address, then I imagine I gave them the email address that I use on a daily basis.

Please do not worry about the kindle email address; that is just temporary for sending anything to your kindle.

- Now, can you please go to Email on your Kindle, then set up your Gmail email account there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I get to email on my Kindle? I don't see anything on the home page that leads me to email. On my old Kindle everything came up on the home page and it was easy to navigate around. The new Kindle is disappointing so far.

Sorry, please wait a bit while I'm checking on your kindle model. There are many kindle models, so I'm not sure if you got the right one. Please wait a couple of minutes. Thank you,

I'm sorry; I've checked your Kindle Oasis and it does not have Email feature.

Is there a reason you bought the Kindle model Oasis?

By the way, what was the model of your old Kindle?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Did you know that Amazon has two Kindle categories: Kindle Ereaders and Fire Tablets?

Please reply back, so I can provide more information as you need and I can let me know what option you have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To get the email feature do I have to purchase another model? And what model would that be? And the same hold true to add music? It appears that the Oasis is a reader only; it that true?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Another question. In my old Kindle I belonged to the book club (forgot what it was called) and pay a monthly fee, around $10.00. How do I get this transferred to Goodreads?

Yes, that's true. Amazon has two Device categories: Kindle Ereaders and Fire Tablets. The kindle ereader can only contain books, and it is only in black & white. With the Fire tablet, you can read books, listen to music, play videos / games, use Email and other apps, etc., and it has color screen.

Can you return the Kindle Oasis and get a Fire tablet from Amazon?

- Goodreads will be automatically transferred to your new Fire tablet when you have done set it up.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do I have to do to return the Oasis and get the Fire model? Will I get credit or a refund?

Did you purchase the Oasis from the Amazon website?

Thank you. Please try the following:

1. On the Kindle Oasis, at the Home screen, tap on the 3-dot icon at the top, then tap on Settings. Then tap on option Registration and Household, then deregister it and confirm.

2. If you bought the Kindle Oasis from Amazon, then please sign in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below, then start the return process there, then you will get a refund:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order-history

; (Note: If you purchase it at another store or place, please contact them.)

3. Then you can purchase a Fire tablet model at the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TSUGXKE#firetablet-compare

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Please try the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TSUGXKE/ref=sv_devicesubnav_1

, there, look at all the Fire models / options and see what you want first before buying.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Were you able to try my steps? Or do you still need help with this?

Also, for now, do you need help with reading your kindle books on another device, such as computer, tablet, or smartphone, etc.?

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,