I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the @kindle.com email address? Or is it something else?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,
Thank you. That is just a temporary email address if you want to send / email any item to your device. Do you need to send any item to your new kindle?
- Also, when you turned on the new Kindle previously, did it ask you to go through the setup? Did it ask you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless and did it ask you to register? If it asked you to register, what email address did you enter?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
No problem; I can help you at this web page. Please let me know the following:
- When you first turned on the new Kindle previously, did it ask you to go through the setup? Did it ask you to connect to Wi-Fi / wireless and did it ask you to register? If it asked you to register, what email address did you enter?
Please do not worry about the kindle email address; that is just temporary for sending anything to your kindle.
- Now, can you please go to Email on your Kindle, then set up your Gmail email account there?
Sorry, please wait a bit while I'm checking on your kindle model. There are many kindle models, so I'm not sure if you got the right one. Please wait a couple of minutes. Thank you,
I'm sorry; I've checked your Kindle Oasis and it does not have Email feature.
Is there a reason you bought the Kindle model Oasis?
By the way, what was the model of your old Kindle?
Please let me know. Thank you,
Did you know that Amazon has two Kindle categories: Kindle Ereaders and Fire Tablets?
Please reply back, so I can provide more information as you need and I can let me know what option you have.
Yes, that's true. Amazon has two Device categories: Kindle Ereaders and Fire Tablets. The kindle ereader can only contain books, and it is only in black & white. With the Fire tablet, you can read books, listen to music, play videos / games, use Email and other apps, etc., and it has color screen.
Can you return the Kindle Oasis and get a Fire tablet from Amazon?
- Goodreads will be automatically transferred to your new Fire tablet when you have done set it up.
Did you purchase the Oasis from the Amazon website?
Thank you. Please try the following:
1. On the Kindle Oasis, at the Home screen, tap on the 3-dot icon at the top, then tap on Settings. Then tap on option Registration and Household, then deregister it and confirm.
2. If you bought the Kindle Oasis from Amazon, then please sign in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below, then start the return process there, then you will get a refund:
; (Note: If you purchase it at another store or place, please contact them.)
3. Then you can purchase a Fire tablet model at the Amazon website below:
, there, look at all the Fire models / options and see what you want first before buying.
Were you able to try my steps? Or do you still need help with this?
Also, for now, do you need help with reading your kindle books on another device, such as computer, tablet, or smartphone, etc.?
Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else?
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,