Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician

My nook is still frozen even after trying to hold down the

Customer Question

My nook is still frozen even after trying to hold down the on and off button and the reset button
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Simple Touch Reader - Model E332971
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since the night before
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Reader just has the screen saver on it and it won't turn off or on and I had it plugged in still nothing.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note: I apologize for any duplication if you've done this or some variation of it before, but please do try to follow through these specific steps, as the timing is critical, and it can also take 4-5 tries before the reset process takes effect.

If it still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the nook recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the nook into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The nook will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Let me know the results.

Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.