Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My FreeTime Unlimited subscription expired because my credit

Customer Question

My FreeTime Unlimited subscription expired because my credit card expiration date in file had past. How can I get it restored? I already update my credit card information on amazon.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: one year old let me check the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: fire
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: one week
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

If it still doesn't take effect we'll look at a few more settings, just let me know.

Thanks,