Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

TO SET UP MY NEW FIRE HD8 AND IT WONT LET ME REGISTRE WITH

Customer Question

i AM TRYING TO SET UP MY NEW FIRE HD8 AND IT WONT LET ME REGISTRE WITH MY ACCOUNT
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: AMAZON FIRE HD8 JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ALL DAY IT JUST WONT REGISTRE WITH MY OLD KINDLE ACCOUNT
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I AM HOPIG TO TRANSFER MY 50 OR MORE BOOKS FROM MY KINDLE TO MY FIRE HD8
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. Please go to www.amazon.com/myk and make sure that you can login to your account with the account information (email address and and password) that you are trying to use to register your new Kindle Fire. Please let me know if you are successfully able to login.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry still no luck i will have to close out now as i am 85 years old and this is to much for me to take in , how much have this cost me although it haven't done any good sorry
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or by phone at 1-***-***-****.

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble. I am willing to work with you until we have this resolved. If we can get logged into your Amazon account we can transfer those books. I am willing to connect remotely to your and work on this while you watch if you'd like. I'll get you logged in and help you get the Kindle Fire registered. We normally charge $39 for SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE but I will offer it to you for only $10 because I really want to help you. Please let me know.