GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I can't connect my kindle fire to my wireless network. My

Customer Question

I can't connect my kindle fire to my wireless network.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My kindle fire is about four years old but I can't find the make or model numbers
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I didn't think to do troubleshooting yet.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry I have to take a break for some work. I'll connect later.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. This is sometimes the result of a glitch with your wifi router. Let's begin by unplugging power from yoru wireless router. Wait 30 seconds or so and plug it back in. Please give it a full 2 minutes to fully boot up and establish an internet connection. After 2 minutes, try again to connect the Kindle to the wifi. Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Didn't work.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

OK. No worries. I just wanted to rule out possible problems with wifi.

Sometimes this is the result of a "glitch" in the Kindle software.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. If you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle itself, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm terribly sorry but the payment for the phone call did not go through. often this is because the bank suspects fraud when they see more than one charge from the same company. A phone call to the bank will usually clear it up. Or we can continue chatting here to resolve the problem if you prefer. If you need help regarding billing you can contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I put the ssid number in but the letters are in lower case. How do I cancel out the mistake, so I could input the number again with upper case letters?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Can you use the backspace key or delete key or have you already entered the ssid? Your Kindle should find the SSID automatically so that all you need to enter is the passwork or key. What model is your Kindle? Is it seeing any wifi networks? I'm wondering if airplane mode is on.