Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I was given a Kindle by my cousin. His mother used it till

Customer Question

Hello, I was given a Kindle by my cousin. His mother used it till she passed away. He can't remember the password ***** open it. Can you help me?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its an older model. 1C 9599A-0725 Amazon Kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: He gave thi to me a couple months ago. I just see on here where it says to go online line and you can help me change the password.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to be able to use it. If he can help me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the password ***** order to log in the kindle?

Do you mean you cannot open anything nor go to menu / settings on the kindle?

Or is it the Wi-Fi / wireless password?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to get into Kindle. Not in Menu or settings.

Thank you. Please try each of the following 3 passwords below until it lets you reset the kindle:

resetmykindle

111333777
111222777

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Both won"t open it

I provided 3 passwords. Did you try all three?

1. resetmykindle

2. 111333777
3. 111222777

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry i DIDN'T SE THE RESET PASSWORD. tHAT WORKED. wHAT DO i DO nOW?

Great. What is showing on the kindle now?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about caps. It had me pick landg which I did English . Now wants me to connect to wi-fi

That's okay. That looks good. Can you select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will . It is connecting now.

Great, then let me know what it shows next. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can't afford that much money. I thought this would be free.

I'm sorry. Amazon does not support older devices any more. I'm an independent tech; I will continue to help you without any additional cost, so don't worry.

What is showing now? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had to check my password ***** netgear. I am going to try again.

OK, if there is still issue with wi-fi netgear password, please let me know the model of your Netgear modem/router device. And let me know if you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It wont let me set up my net gear. Saying password ***** But the password ***** am using is good.If you call it will cost me. I know you don't work for nothing. I\

We don't need phone call. I will continue to help you.

Please let me know the model of your Netgear modem/router device.

And let me know if you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My son bought me a new fire 8. He connected that to net gear yesterday. since I had password ***** thought I could set this older one up. But i needed password ***** get in it. I am using the right password. All my computer are on the same wi-fi.

We can confirm the Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** your computer. It is case-sensitive.

- Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is okay. I don't know your name. How much will the charge me for this call???

If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and retrieve your wi-fi/wireless password ***** through your computer while you are watching. (It is case-sensitive.)

- Or I can provide you the steps on how to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

If you let me know if you have a Windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10 computer, or a Mac computer, then I can provide you the steps on how to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** your computer.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have vista. Someone tried to help me at no cost to me. He told me my computer had been hacked 21 times.He wanted to fix it for 60.00. I told him my son works with computers. I had my son ck. my computer . I have no Hacks He could not open my Net Gear to get password . He said that is because it was hacked. My son connected my fire 8 to wi-fi yesterday and had me write down password.

The password ***** ***** Can you please check at the back / bottom of your netgear device for the model of it? Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay

Please click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then there, when prompted, enter admin for username and enter password for password, and login

, then click on Wireless option if needed, then you will see your passphrase/key/password; it is case-sensitive.

- If it does not work, please let me know the model of your netgear router.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NetGear90 2J143C72AAAECC404153B489A

Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are for real. I did what you said and it gave me password ***** I have been putting in.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will try again

So you select the exact SSID (network name) and enter the exact passphrase / key (it is case-sensitive), then the kindle still says incorrect (wrong) password?

Let me know if there is any trouble entering lowercase / uppercase letters and/or symbols, etc. on the kindle. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just got it done and it says still unable to connect to WI-FI netwook.

So it does not say incorrect or wrong password. This is a different issue. In this case, we need to adjust a setting on the router.

Please click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then click on Wireless option

, then set the Security Options to WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES]

, then click on Apply / OK

, then wait a bit, and try on the kindle again, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will that change or hurt anything on my Laptop or fire??

No, it will not. But do you have an extra Ethernet/network cable? Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No How much will I get charged ? I am not going to try anything else. Thank you for your time. You are so kind to wait for me to tryall this.

There is no additional charge, and there is no time limit for support, so don't worry. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What will they charge my card?

I'm the tech, so I do not know about the billing; our customer service will contact you about the billing, but it is the amount that you've agreed to. If you have any concern, you can always reply back to our customer service any time; we'll make sure you'll be okay. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you . I will sign off and see what I owe. Thank you again for your time. I hope I get this resolved. If I don't I don't.

You're welcome. You can always get back to me if you still need further help. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You Welcome. I will .

- Please try my last suggestion whenever you can to adjust a setting on the netgear in order to make it compatible with the old kindle.

- click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then click on Wireless option

, then click on Apply / OK

- You can always get back to me as needed.

Please make sure to click on Submit after clicking on a service option at the upper right corner of this web page. Thank you again.

Our customer service has emailed you about the billing. If you still have any concern, please let our customer service knows.

And please let me know when you are available to continue troubleshooting the kindle's Wi-Fi / wireless issue.

How are you? It's been about a week. Do you still need help with the kindle issue and/or with anything else?

- If you remember, I was able to help you resetting the kindle's login password. Then the kindle started the setup process, and it was stuck at the Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** Were you able to try my last suggestion?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,