Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

How do I get my books from the computer to my E reader,

Customer Question

How do I get my books from the computer to my E reader
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle paperwhite
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not used my reader in some time and I am just getting back to it
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I would like to delete what is on my e reader and start over
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this. Follow these steps please>

Plug the larger end of the USB cable into an available USB port or a powered USB hub connected to your computer, and connect the other end of the USB cable to the micro-USB port on the bottom of the Kindle.

When connected to the PC, the Kindle goes into USB drive mode and its battery is recharged by the computer. Wireless service is temporarily shut off. The Kindle isn’t usable as a reading device while in USB drive mode but returns to your reading location when you eject the device from your computer.

1. When your Kindle is connected, simply drag and drop (or copy and paste) the file from your computer’s hard drive to the Kindle.

For e-books, make sure to place the file in the Documents folder on the Kindle . If you put the file in the root drive, it won’t appear on the Home screen of your Kindle .

If your file is in a Kindle-compatible formats, you can transfer it directly from your computer to your Kindle via USB. To transfer the files, follow these easy steps:

1. Connect your Kindle Paperwhite to your computer using the USB cable.

Your computer recognizes your Kindle when it’s plugged in and displays the Kindle as a removable drive. If you go to my Computer (PC) or Finder (Mac), your Kindle appears as a drive.

2. Double-click the drive to open it and view the folders on your Kindle.

3. Open another window and navigate to the file(s) you want to transfer to your Kindle ..

4. Drag the file(s) to the appropriate folder on your Kindle.

Place your text and documents files in the Documents folder on your Kindle Paperwhite.

You can also use the Copy and Paste commands to move documents to the documents folder.

5. Eject your Kindle from your computer:

The files you transferred are displayed on your Home screen and are available for you to view on your Kindle .

• On a Windows 8 PC: Right-click the Kindle drive icon and choose Eject. A notification that it is safe to remove the device from the computer appears.

• On a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC, choose Start→Computer, and then right-click the Kindle drive icon and choose Eject. You can also left- or right-click the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in the lower-right corner of the taskbar.

• On a Mac, Control-click the Kindle device icon and choose Eject.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!