Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I forgot my Nook password. I need to enter a new credit card

Customer Question

I forgot my Nook password. I need to enter a new credit card so I need to get into my account
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is the first HD color Nook - the large one - about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't read books in over a year. I tried hitting power button then home button
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I turned off the Nook then turned it on again looking for a prompt to get into my account
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
Press n button (home).
You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
Press n button (home).
A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Once the factory reset is done you should then be able to select a new password.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I hit the home key it says "are you sure"? It will delete all my content and restore device to factory default settings. I was afraid I would lose my books
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, please give me one minute to look into that.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay, it appears you would need an SD card to insert into the Nook and backup the books that you have on your device:

Using CWM:

1. Let CWM boot completely (displays blue menu)
  2. Insert (or switch) SDCard in slot on Nook (the card must contain your backup files)
  3. On the CWM menu, select “backup and restore“
  4. Select “restore“
  5. Locate and select your backup from the files on the SDCard & press the Nook button to select it.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.