Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I don't know what type of Kindle I have. I bought it in

Customer Question

I don't know what type of Kindle I have. I bought it in 2011. I have 250 books and many of them have not been read. I noticed that my Kindle doesn't hold charge very long. What can I do? I don't want to lose all those books.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't remember the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought it 5 years ago.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well, I said everything in the first paragraph I sent you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Your kindle's battery is loosing charge; batteries do lose charge as time goes on; it is expected. But don't worry, you will never lose your books. If you get a new kindle, then all your books will download on the new kindle.

- And/or would you like to know how to get / read your Kindle books on a computer or tablet or smartphone if you have?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

For now, if you need to read your Kindle books on your computer, you sign in your Amazon account to the Amazon website below on your computer:

https://read.amazon.com

- If you have a tablet or smartphone, you open Play Store (or App Store) app icon on the tablet / smartphone, then type / search kindle then get / install the Kindle app. Then open the Kindle app and sign in your Amazon account, then you can read your books in the Kindle app on your tablet / smartphone.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? Do you have any further question? Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?