GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

After losing my old nook,Ipurchased a new one.I can't

Customer Question

After losing my old nook,Ipurchased a new one.I can't remember the email address or password ***** this account I purchased the nook in 2009 or2010also I have canceled the
That was on file for the account
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 26 days ago.

Hi there Anthony. My name is***** see that you have been waiting for help for quite some time. I'm sorry about that. I will do my best to help you. If you knew the correct email address, you could simply go to, enter the email address, and click on "I forgot my password". The easiest way to resolve this, since you aren't sure of the email address, would be to reset the Kindle to factory specifications. It will behave exactly as it did when you first took it out of the box. You can set it up with a brand new Amaon account. You won't be able to access any books purchased with the old account, but you will be able to purchase and read new books.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 26 days ago.

To rest it to factory., please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. If you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number.