rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

My kindle says I havent got a valid credit card for my

Customer Question

My kindle says I havent got a valid credit card for my amazon.com account but I have, I have updated it online and on the kindle several times but I still get the message saying I don't have a valid credit card
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: My kindle? I don't know
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only use it from time to time when I travel - last time I used it some months ago I had no problems buying books. I havent done any troubleshooting other than to go online and update my credit cards (with the same credit cards that were already there but the kindle doesn't seem to recognize them)
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats about it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Then Please follow the steps to update the card info:

Go to amazon.com
Log in using the email id and password.
Once you have logged in , Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings.
Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
Enter the desired billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Hope it helps. Please do reply if it helps.

Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I did all that but it still says I don't have a valid credit card

If that doesn't helps then it verifies that there is some internal software issues.

You just contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****
Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****

and it will be sorted.

I hope you understand and find this information useful.

Hope it helps.PLEASE LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING.(WITH THE HELP OF SMILES OR STARS)

Regards.