Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle quit working. can it be repaired? Kindle

Customer Question

my kindle quit working. can it be repaired?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle fire(something). Don't have any idea about make and model. Had it about 2 years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Battery died and I hooked it up to charger just now. Don't know any troubleshooting ideas.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. If I have to get a new one, how do I transfer all the apps and books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please read my reply to see your answer.