Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle that is not allowing me to download the

Customer Question

I have a kindle that is not allowing me to download the whole book all I am getting is the sample and they have my credit card details but keeps telling me that I have not given them the details please help me I don't understand what am I doing wrong
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Was the Kindle working fine until you tried to update payment details?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

To change any CC information, you need to update your Amazon "One Click Payments" credit or debit card info from a PC (not from the Kindle directly) at the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201252570

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If that doesn't work, the problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you think you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this Mae?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the kindle has not made any changes it comes up as signin after I have signed in it tells me that I have already signed in then when I go to order a book it then tells me that my credit card is not finalised with the details and I continue the signing in again it does the same thing all I am doing is going round in circles and that dosent help with reading
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. I'm trying to find out if you've tried that reset I indicated above? Are you able to see all of my replies on this page please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have booted and rebooted as I have done this once again and it is reboothing at this moment
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Alright, please let me know what happens. I also need to know how old this Kindle is.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
with no luck I am back to square one
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

How old is this Kindle.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Also, is it possible that your credit card has expired, can you check the date on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the kindle is quite old I am not sure but I feel probably around 2010
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, right now I'm trying to determine if there is a legitimate issue with your credit card, or if the Kindle is simply faulty and not responding correctly. That said, can you tell me is it possible that your credit card has expired, can you check the date on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no my credit card is very much in use as I had used it this morning with no trouble also was used yesterday with no problem so it is in the kindle and my expiry date is the 2017
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where can I go for the repair of the kindle do you have any one in Perth WA
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, then I'm sorry to tell you this, but your Kindle has failed and this is what has caused the issue. The processor in the Kindle is what has caused this. There aren't any adjustments, or settings you can access that will fix this (the reboot above is all you can try). This indicates the Kindle needing to be repaired or replaced. Unfortunately there are no repair locations in Australia, and repair costs are steep and generally cost more than replacing the Kindle with a brand new one. I would suggest purchasing a new one, and you will then be able to transfer all of your books to the new device (without having to purchase them again) once you "Sync" the new Kindle to your account.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.