E-Rusty, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader expert. Let me help you with your device.

Forgot Nook password and cannot use Nook until I can put a

Customer Question

Forgot Nook password ***** cannot use Nook until I can put a password ***** How do I do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  E-Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  E-Rusty replied 1 month ago.

There are two ways. First, click here. Enter your email on that page, and they will send you reset instructions. Enter the email that you used to register your Nook.

If that fails, we'll have to do a factory reset.

Let me know if you have any trouble, and please remember to rate 3-5 stars when you get into your Nook.

1. 1.Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off

2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.

3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code

4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset

5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm

6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start fresh.