Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

My Nook color is frozen w/ the following error Sorry!

Customer Question

my Nook color is frozen w/ the following error Sorry! Activity StartBN ( in application FavaLauncher) is not responding.
I tried resetting by holding power button for 20 seconds then once again for 30 seconds while Nook being charge neither worked : /
don't know the year of my Nook but it's Software version 1.4.3 & Model # BNRV200
Can you please Help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note, you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've rebooted several times & didn't take care of the problem : /
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately that does tend to indicate a hardware failure which is common as these age.

If the nook still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the nook recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the nook into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've recently charged the nook & is fully charged. why does it need to be plugged into computer??
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Because that is part of the reset process and prompts the nook to reload its internal firmware, it is a restore process of sorts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no driver found
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Don't worry about the computer, you only need to focus on the nook

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.