Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Sorry, I don't have an e-reader, I have an Amazon Fire

Customer Question

Hi, Sorry, I don't have an e-reader, I have an Amazon Fire Tablet ( 5th generation ) I just went to look at my browsing history and it's gone ! But I never deleted it & no one else has access to my tablet ! Is there any way I can get it back ?? ( If it matters ... there is now a message there saying "You have no history. "). Thank you, ***** ***** can't help, perhaps you could refer me to someone who could ? Thanks ~ Suzanne Martin ( ***@******.*** )
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Amazon Fire Tablet 5th Generation , 7 - inch ; I don't believe there's any further identifying info.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My web history was all there about 2 hours ago ; I just true to go there and its all gone . This did happen to my "Reading List" recently, too, but I didn't care so much ; I usually save things to both Reading List and Bookmarks if I really want to save long term. Bookmarks haven't been erased. I should say this is my first computer ! Got it in Dec. so I'm still learning ... so I haven't true any t.shooting yet --- don't know what to try !!
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you !
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.