Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician

I am getting a outline around anything that I touch on my

Customer Question

I am getting a green outline around anything that I touch on my Kindle Fire. I cannot open anything or scroll. What has happened?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have turned On the Explore Features option by accident. If so, then double-tapping on an icon should activate it, for now, until we turn Off the Explore Features option.

Try double-tapping (striking an icon rapidly twice with your forefinger), and see if it gets the option working.

Another way to test whether you have Explore Features turned On, is to turn up the volume on your sound, and see if a description is being read aloud.

Scrolling should work, using two fingers.

Try going to

and then turn that option to Off.

Let me know whether I have helped with the problem, please. (If not, I'll help you further; If I have helped, I will get to close this case, then.)