Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

Cannot restart kindle

Customer Question

cannot restart kindle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi Anna,

My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Try powering on, if that fails, Wait 15 minutes with the kindle connected to the charger and wall outlet then try the steps again. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kindle has restarted Thank you.Will keep you in mind for any future problems. Thanks again AC

That's great!

Please take a moment to rate my service but choosing one of the stars at the top and then submit.