By the way, I see that you had to wait for quite some time for help. I am sorry about that.
Here is further information on Factory Resetting the Kobo Glo:
Performing a factory reset
If a basic reset doesn't work, you can perform a factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a factory reset, you’ll have to set up and sync your eReader again.
If you perform a factory reset on your eReader, you'll:
- Remove all books from your eReader. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
- Lose any bookmarks and annotations you made in your books since you last synced your eReader.
- Sign out of your account on your eReader.
- Reset all of your settings and preferences.
- Return your eReader to its original settings.
- If possible, back up any books or documents that you added to your eReader using Adobe Digital Editions, or that you manually added using your computer. You do not need to back up any books you bought from Kobo. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
The Quick Settings panel will appear.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device information.
- Tap Factory Reset under Advanced.
- Tap Reset Now.
Performing a manual factory reset
If a basic reset and a factory reset don't work, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again. Before you perform a manual factory reset, charge your eReader for at least four hours.
- If possible, turn off your eReader.
Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try pressing and holding the power button until you see Powered off on your screen.
- Insert a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently.
You'll feel a click and your eReader will reset itself.
- When you see square icons on the screen, insert a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently.
- Repeat step 3 two more times.
Your eReader's screen will turn black, and show a Critical error message. Don't worry, this is normal.
- Tap the check mark icon at the bottom of the screen to reset your eReader.
Setting up your eReader after a factory reset
After you've performed a factory reset on your eReader, you'll need to set it up again.
- Set up your eReader using Wi Fi or Kobo Desktop.
- Sync your library to restore any Kobo books you own.
- Reconfigure any settings you changed.
- Add any books or documents you previously added using Adobe Digital Editions, a Micro SD card, or drag-and-drop on your computer.