Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Color on kindle pages fading, about 2 months, rebooting and

Customer Question

color on kindle pages fading
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: about 2 months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooting and checking the brightness with no improvement
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Which model Kindle do you have?

2) Roughly how old is it please?

3) What specific method did you use to "reboot"?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
turned it off and then fully charged it and then turned it back on
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the latest kindle fire and it is 6 mos. old
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Let me know what happens after you try the reboots and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. I'll try this when I return home today. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

That sounds good and you're welcome. Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not only did that not work but now I can't charge the kindle.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Doing a reboot doesn't stop your Kindle from charging. It sounds like your Kindle is defective, and since you said it's only 6 months old- then the next course of action would be to contact Amazon and have them replace it- since it's covered under warranty.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much ��
You have been so helpful!
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome and I wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
5 star rating !!
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** please click that 5 star rating at the top of the page so I am credited?