Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I dereigstered my Kindle Generation 2 and then did an

Customer Question

i dereigstered my Kindle Generation 2 and then did an software update to 2.5.8. All of that went fine. However, when I go to register it again, it says "your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again". The Whispernet is on, and I am using the same email and password ***** my Amazon account. I have tried rebooting SEVERAL times and always get the same thing. What could be wrong?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I'm not sure. I haven't used my Kindle in a while and just wanted to get it going again for a trip. I just updated the software this morning.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooting is all I know what to do and then trying to keep registering. Always get the same thing. What else is there to try?
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no....just want to reregister
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've tried restarting from the menu and a hard reboot.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and try to register.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got the same thing
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks

If you go to the Firmware version, which version is it saying?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Version: Kindle 2.5.8
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks

I want you please to do a facotry reset of the Kindle

To do this,

Press Home
Menu
Settings
Restart
PRESS HOME BUTTON IMMEDIATELY UPON RESTART HOLDING DOWN THE BUTTON CONTINUOUSLY
Then you get the option "Firmware reset" that displays.

Choose this and once done, set up the Kindle again and tell me please if it then connects.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will I have to reinstall the updated software version I did this morning......It is resetting now.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

No, it will keep this as it is the base image (if the update did work correctly)

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

but check the version number when done