Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician

I need to change my credit card number associated with my

Customer Question

I need to change my credit card number associated with my kindle but it is only allowing me to change the expiration date
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Quite some time. The old card expired in nov of 2015
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried contacting Amazon and updating there but that did not work. I have tried entering a new card but it just keeps telling me that an invalid card is associated with this account
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect from the sound of it, that you need to remove the credit card number currently registered in your account, after logging in to your account.

Then, you can enter your new credit card number from scratch, into your account, while still logged into it.

This is owing to the currently edited credit card number not being editable or capable of being changed, except for its expiration date of course.

Let me know how trying that goes, and mention any problems or questions along the way, please.... using the Reply To Expert function. Or if my suggestion works, I'd appreciate hearing about it! Thanks.