Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My kindle fire got wet and will not turn on.

Customer Question

my kindle fire got wet and will not turn on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jim,

The only thing that you can try is the "rice trick" that will absorb the moisture in your wet device.

Since Kindles are not covered under any warranty for water damage, the only thing you can really try is submerging the Kindle in white rice for 24 hours.

During that period please do not take the phone out or try to use it. (Make sure it is powered off) Once the time has elapsed, turn the Kindle on and see if it is any better.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.