Cory, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert

I got a notice that I need to pay for a book. I have tried

Customer Question

I got a notice that I need to pay for a book. I have tried to put in my new credit card and this is not taking on my device. do not know what to do at this point
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: about a week
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: keep going into amazon and putting in the new card. My friend uses my amazon account and had put in his card number to make a purchase. This is where the trouble started
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cory replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory.

I am sorry you are having this issue.

The best thing for you to do would be to remove all cards except the one you want to use for purchases. Once you have done that, please reset the Kindle by holding the power button/on switch for 40 seconds.

After 3 minutes passes or if you turn it on, please let me know if you are able to purchase the book after this.