Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I have a KOBO (Model N905) e-reader that i have not used for

Customer Question

I have a KOBO (Model N905) e-reader that i have not used for months. I charged it up and tried to open the book I had been reading and it says the document couldn't be opened (there might be a problem with the file) and to contact you people. Also it says I should try updating the library but i have no idea how to do that. Can you help?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please let me know, using the Reply To Expert function, just exactly what the error message about updating the library was. With that information, I will be able to advise you exactly as to what to do.

Actually, the Sync of your Library on your Kobo e-reader is a standard operation.

It can be done by WiFi.

Or it can be done by a program on a computer, when you connect the e-reader to the computer.

Which do you have?

If you had WiFi internet, you could just go to your Home screen on the tablet, then tap the

double-circle-arrow tile (Sync tile in other words), and either it will connect to your usual WiFi automatically, or else it will try to connect, and either way when connected to WiFi it will sync your library that way.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have Wifi

Good. (Thanks for responding.) Just this will sync your library: go to your Home screen on the tablet, then tap the double-circle-arrow tile (Sync tile in other words), and either it will connect to your usual WiFi automatically, or else it will try to connect, and either way when connected to WiFi it will sync your library that way. (If this answers your question adequately and solves the problem, please rate my answer or indicate in reply, what rating you'd like applied to my work. Thanks.)