Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Windows 10 is no longer recognizing any of my Kobo readers.

Customer Question

Windows 10 is no longer recognizing any of my Kobo readers. I last connected with USB on June 6 2016. Now Microsoft is giving me a message to reformat the disk.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Kobo Glo
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked the drivers and they are good (the driver was updated about 10 years ago). This PC was moved to Windows 10 last August 2015.
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How many Kobo readers have you tried and failed to have recognized by the Windows 10 computer in question?

Have you tried a different couple of USB ports on the computer, and a different USB cable to connect with ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2 readers, 2 USB ports and 2 cables

Have you another computer to try connecting the Kobe readers to?

Is there any reaction on the computer, such as the USB recognition 'klunk-klunk' sound, when you connect the reader(s) to it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please explain the clunk clunk sound.

In a Windows computer, that is the sound that the computer makes when it recognizes the connection of a USB device to a USB port on the computer.