Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Unable to connect to Wi Fi Network. W tried many times, have

Customer Question

Unable to connect to Wi Fi Network. W tried many times, have held the power button dow for 20 seconds to allow reboot and have turned the router off then on. Please help. FYI we don't seem to have the Amazon password ***** I am reluctant to do factory reset and not be able to recover previous books
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: A week maybe? Last bought a book a couple of weeks ago so since then
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 or 4 times "enter other Wi Fi network" and password. Next we have pressed and held power button down. Also turned off and then back on router
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I am trying to do this for my wife who is sitting here. She does not seem to know if she has a Amazon password. So we are reluctant to do the factory settings thing as scared we can't recover all the books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok to communicate

Okay, please, give me all the required information regarding this problem.

1) What is the brand and model name of your wireless router?

2) Can you connect any devices to the wireless signal?

3) What happens when you attempt to connect to the wireless signal?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1) Actiontec T22ooH
2) Other devices all pick up and connect just fine
3) Kindle doesn't show the WiFi and then says "unable to connect" when after going through the process of entering the WiFi name and password

That means something is faulting within the Kindle's operating system.

In your case, you can unregister/reset the device and reconfigure it. If you have issues with the Amazon password, you may follow the instructions below to reset your password.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Amazon account password:
- Click the following link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/self-service-forgot-password-get-email
- Fill out the requested information on that page and continue.
- Once that is complete, you will be able to reset your password.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I reset account password.
Your last directive to go to menu, then settings: I don't have a second menu choice to reset to factory settings.
We are done using your service. Remove my credit card from your "clock". Thanks for trying to help.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I never said click Menu & Settings. I take it that you don't want to give me credit for my time. That simply means that I am not given any credit for my time. I will do that now.