GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Kindle Fire HD won't open a book

Customer Question

Kindle Fire HD won't open a book
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Windy! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, tablets, e-readers, and phones. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

If this doesn't work for you, and if you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle itself, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When I tried it, I came up with my old OS. I then tried to re-install OS 10.12 and got the message that it could not be installed on this computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 days ago.

Windy I am confused. I answered a question for you in August regarding a Kindle Fire that wouldn't open a book. You never replied to me to let me know if it did or did not work and never rated my service so I was never compensated in any way. Now 4 months later you reply with a statement about the MAC Operating System. Am i missing something?