Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

My kindle is about 5 years old. The pages will not turn now.

Customer Question

My kindle is about 5 years old. The pages will not turn now. I have charged the battery but that does not help.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 2 months ago.

Hi Dorothy,

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!