Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have a kindle model no D00901 that a frozen screen with

Customer Question

I have a kindle model no D00901 that a frozen screen with horizontal lines on the screen. Can you tell me what could be the problem. the battery is fully charged
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on your kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- After doing the above step, what's showing on the kindle now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nothing it is still the same

I'm sorry, so you hold hard the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, but it does not do anything, i.e., the screen does not turn off and/or the kindle does not reboot at all. Is that correct? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
correct

Can you please charge the kindle (even though battery is full), and while charging it, hold the power on / off button / switch hard for about 60 seconds this time and check. Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no good it is still the same. please refund my fee and I will go and purchase a new kindle

I'm sorry. Troubleshooting takes time. It could be hardware issue, but I have some more solutions we can try first. And/or if needed, if you'd like to, I can show you how to read your kindle books on another device if you have, such as a computer, or tablet, or smartphone. Please let me know if you'd like to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you I will purchase a new device

You're welcome. OK, if you change your mind later, I can show you how to remove / reinstall the battery from the kindle to see if that will work. We are canceling this per your request. You can always get back to us if you need anything else. Thank you.

If you'd like to, can you try this very quick step: Press and hold at the same time the two keys Shift and Alt on the kindle's keyboard (the Shift key is the UP ARROW key on the left). While holding the two keys Shift and Alt, press the key R, then release all three keys, and check. Otherwise, this is being cancelled per your request. Thank you,