info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert

My fire hdx will not come on. I've tried the recommended

Customer Question

My fire hdx will not come on. I've tried the recommended "fixes" and still have a blank screen.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 2 months ago.

You have tried charging the fire via a laptop?it wil take longer however its just to eliminate the charger

Let me know, also if that has been covered I will need to know the age of the kindle please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not tried charging via laptop -- I do not have one. I have tried using the traditional method. Kindle will be 2 years old in December.

You see it could be the charger the battery or in most cases glitched firmware so what I suggest you do first is take the charger you are using now to an entirely separate socket and put the kindle on for half an hour let me know if a) you see normal lights on the charger and b) if it appears as though the kindle has completed a charge then do this>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you , the rating bar of stars is usually at the top of the page thanks again