Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

When I paste library book in nook glowlight from laptop win

Customer Question

when I paste library book in nook glowlight from laptop win 10 error opening book
loan token update failed. What am I doing wrong
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, Brenda! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. There are several different version of the Nook Glowlight. Can you tell me please if you see a model number or serial number or anything else that might identify it, so I can make sure that the instructions I provide are correct for your particular model? Is your Nook a touch screen Nook? Does it have wifi?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is touch screen with wi fi
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Have you tried syncing via wifi, using the sync button in the upper right of the screen? When you try to sync via wifi what happens? Why exactly, are you trying to copy and paste the book?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model bnrv 510. My instructions explained to copy and paste from my laptop
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to investigate. While I do that, please try tapping on the sync button in the upper right corner (two arrows forming a circle). Please let me now what happens when you do that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just a circle that takes it to quick settings
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. I believe this is the user manual for your model. It is in pdf format and can be saved to your computer for later viewing or printed (126 pages).

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pImages/nook/light/mediakit/UserGuide_NOOKSimpleTouchGlowLigt_120423.pdf?cds2Pid=47982

The proper way to sync this device is through wifi using the sync button. Do you have a wifi network available to you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but I don't understand sync as there is no sync button
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

It's not a physical button on the Nook. Its an icon on the screen that you tap. Do you see a circle made from 2 arrows in the upper right hand corner of the screen? You previously said that when you tap on it, it takes you to quick settings. In quick settings you should see a Wifi Checkbox. Is it on or off? It shoudl be on.

If you click on the link that I provided earlier for the user manual it should open it up on your computer for you. There are some illustrations in this manual to show you where to look for the sync icon.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is on
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the delay. I wasn't immediately notified of your response. Do you have an acount setup with Barnes and Noble for your Kindle? I'm thinking that perhaps we should reset it to factory defaults and set it up again, making sure that we actually connect to the wifi with the correct password, etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a nook and we have never purchased from b&n even though we have an account. We use the public library system. We have an old nook without glowlight which works fine
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I understand. I think I can make things much easier for you. I too use the public library. You can and should setup an account at Barnes and Noble for the Nook. You will then "checkout" your library books to your Nook account and sync without having to connect via cable. Are you willing to create an account and give this a try? There is not charge to create an account, although you may have to provide payment information in case you do later purchase.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a b&n account
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm willing to do what it takes
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Ok. We should probably register the Kindle to the account. but...does your library use Overdrive? If so, do you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer? if so, please open it and click on help and authorize computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are looking online
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

ok. I believe that I understand now why you are transferring the books manually if your library is using Overdrive. If you do not already have Adobe Digital Editions, you will need to download it. If you do have it, please open it and click on help and authorize computer. In the "Computer Authorization" window, select OverDrive from the eBook Vendor drop-down menu. Enter the email address and password ***** your OverDrive account, then select Authorize.

Note: You won't be able to authorize ADE with your library card or an OverDrive account that was created using Facebook.

After this has been done, you should be able to transfer the book the and it should open without the error message.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have company coming in 1 hour - must do this later
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

That will be fine. Just let me know when you're ready to continue.

Are these the instructions that you are using?

http://www.youranswerplace.org/sites/default/files/ckfinder/files/Nook%20Download.pdf