Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have two kindles -- one for me and one for my dad. My

Customer Question

Hi -- I have two kindles -- one for me and one for my dad. My dad's friend gave him We have tried rebooting the kindle and can't seem to get them back. Any suggestions? :-)
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: About two weeks ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reboot
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is Alison. Can you tell me please the exact model of your Kindle? If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. You should find it you click on Settings and go to Device Info. Find your specific generation or type based on the first four characters. The Serial Number is also shown on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

You stated that you "can't seem to get them back." Can you explain in a little more detail please? for the sake of clarty lets refer to them as Kindle A and Kindle B. canyou tell me what you currently see on the screen of each Kindle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry -- no idea how to find my serial number.Kindle B has lost books that were shared by someone - Kindle A still has them. We are not sure how to get the books back to Kindle B.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Found the serial numbers!Kindle B - which lost the books is: 90D4 2201 4197 00L5
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kindle A - which still has the books is: 90D4 2204 3466 0G5U
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Alison - are you still there?